70 x 7 Process
“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
The master calls a butterfly”
- ~ Richard Bach
This profound Change Process was introduced by a friend. Until then, I had not heard of 70 x 7 process, yet this has apparently been around since ancient times. This is a perfect process for clearing issues or affirming what you want to achieve because you're engaging the subconscious mind directly while processing.
A little word of caution:
At first, the process steps seem extensive but trust this by simply following the instructions to the 'T'. Believe me, it is well worth the effort. I have been truly surprised at the profound insights, creative ideas and synchronicity that surfaced both during the process, and afterwards.
Have fun and trust the process ... Effort = Reward. Enjoy this inner journey and good luck!
This is an old, simple and powerful technique used to alter the subconscious mind producing very surprising outcomes. This technique is very ancient, so ancient in fact that it is featured in the Bible:
“Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up prophecy and to anoint the most holy.”
- And, also
“Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. ”
We can use the same technique today to re-program the mind and achieve the abundance/success/frame mindset. By physically writing the statement down during this process, you are ingraining it in your subconscious mind making it easier to eradicate old, negative thought patterns about the situation that you may currently believe to be true.
To help you achieve your ideal outcome or desire, it’s a good idea to combine the 70x7 statements with a declaration of intent where you define, in detail, all the elements that you would like fulfilled. What your life would look like and what you would be doing if the affirmation you are focusing on becomes a reality. This can be a short paragraph or up to a page in length. You only need write this declaration of intent once preferably before you start your process.
In the beginning I found it difficult to write my declaration clearly. It only became clear, and real, during the 70 x 7 process. So you can write it whenever you wish. The idea is that you have a declaration of intent about the ideal state that you’d like to experience, the things you will be doing, the feelings you will feel and the thoughts you will have about yourself, others and the world.
- The key with 70x7 belief process is to write a clear, concise and inspiring statement which describe your ideal situation in the present as if you already have your desire.
- Every day for a period of 7 consecutive days, write out the exact statement you want to be fulfilled seventy times each day. While you are writing, focus on the statement as this is implanting it into your abundance/frame mindset. (Examples are give below)
- The statement must be simple and written in the present tense as if you’ve already achieved your desire.
- The same affirmation, written identically, should be used every day for the 7 day period. Do not change the words and do not use more than one affirmation at a time.
- Every time you write your statement, have a separate column or page numbered 1 to 70, regardless of the response, write the first response that comes into your mind. It can be anything, positive or negative. If there is no response write, ‘no response’. This will allow your mind to free any negative beliefs you have around the statement and may also present you with surprising opportunities that may seem unrelated at the time. It does not matter what comes into your mind it is simply an opportunity to better understand your self and release any limiting beliefs.
- Do not spend too much time pondering over the statement once it is written, continue with your affirmations until all 70 have been completed. When you have finished the process you can review the statements you have written and do some self introspection of why you believe this to be so. The outcome of this review may provide you with more 70x7 statements or affirmations that you wish to complete at a later time.
- At the end of the daily process you will have written a total of 140 lines – 70 affirmations together with the corresponding 'responses' as thoughts or beliefs.
- You can work with more than one affirmation during a day but do not combine or mix two affirmations/statements in the same process. For example, you may wish to work on one affirmation about money in the in the morning and another about health in the afternoon. However, it is important to leave seven full days after completing the process before beginning with the same subject again.
- When writing, always set a time and place where there will be no interruptions (set mobile phones to silent). This will ensure that your mind remains focused on the task at hand.
- The 70 statements must be completed in one sitting and not two consecutive sittings of 35. If you are interrupted in a sitting and have to get up and attend a trivial matters you must start the 70 statements all over again. Prepare yourself before you begin.
- You must ensure that all seven days are completed without missing a day. If you miss a day, for any reason, you must go back and start at day one.
- During the process you may feel emotionally tested. You must however continue and overcome any self sabotage patterns. Effort is always a prerequisite of gain.
- The process should be repeated until the result in the statement is gained or until your initial desire has passed.
- During the process, become aware of your intuitive hunches and opportunities that appear during and or after the process.
- Suggestion: don’t discuss what you are doing with others. Its easier to keep it to yourself rather than justifying to others about the techniques you are using. It will be easier to keep it to yourself rather than spending energy justifying this to other people. Become successful first, and then reveal the techniques you used to achieve results. It will be so much easier to justify and you don’t attract unwanted negative attention either.
- You can write the affirmations by hand or type them on a computer. I find handwriting is best.
- The process will take you approximately 30 – 45 minutes depending upon the length of your statement and the responses received.
Below are examples of affirmation statements. Adjust the wording to suit the requirement of your desires and needs:
To feel Wonderful:
- My feelings of love are now free flowing and I am filled with joy
- I now feel blissfully happy all the time
- I love and accept myself
- The divine energies of my heart have fully awakened – I now feel exquisite love
- I am now the embodiment of loving energy I now feel fully alive
- I value myself highly
- Every day in every way I am getting better and better
- My life is filled with joy and happiness
- I express myself brilliantly with a free flowing and vivid imagination
- Creativity is my nature
- I am now powerful, dynamic, calm and centred
- I am flexible and willing to change
For weight loss or to become fit and healthy:
- I am now in perfect health, filled with energy and vitality
- I am now super fit, flexible and shapely
- I am now active and strong; I am well
- I now love my body, it is in an ideal state of health
- My body is now healthy, energised and revitalising itself
- Perfect health is mine, I am in great shape now
- I am now slim, trim, fit and healthy
Relationships / Sexuality:
Note: when using 70 x 7 statements with a partner, ensure that both people are in agreement with the statement.
- I am now willing and able to give truly from my heart
- I am now in an excellent relationship with my ideal partner
- I am now a sexually free and an expressive being
- I now have a deepening, loving, blissful relationship (with X)
- X and I have a passionate, sensual and loving relationship
- I now feel an ever deepening love, trust and intimacy with my partner (or, with X)
- X and I are now deeply in love with each other
- X and I now experience joy, passion and exquisite love
Forgiveness or to release relationships harmoniously:
- I forgive X
- I forgive myself
- X and I now release each other from our lives with love and understanding
- X and I have now reached a mutually agreeable property / financial settlement
Personal Qualities / Spiritual Growth:
- I am now a confident, empowered and creative being
- I now embrace my personal power, gifts and talents
- I am a highly intelligent, intuitive and creative being
- I am now a loving, kind and compassionate
- Love fills my entire being, I am free to be me now
- I now lead a disciplined and orderly life
- I now live a peaceful, relaxed and fulfilling lifestyle
- My life is now excellent in every way
- I am energised, disciplined and self motivated
Money / Career / Success:
- I am now financially independent with a large surplus of cash
- Money now comes to me in abundance in perfect ways
- Money now comes to me in abundance from multiple sources
- Money flows to me easily now
- My work totally fulfills and enriches me
- I now fully and confidently embrace my life purpose
- I am a confident and successful ... (fill in your designation i.e. Teacher, Nurse, Manager etc)
- I am now an extremely successful sales person
- I now have a healthy, bouncing and beautiful baby (boy or girl)
- I now feel a deep and mutual loving connection with my (mother, father, sister, brother...)
- I now forgive my (father, mother, sister, brother ...) and allow love to flow between us
- I now have a loving relationship with (whoever)
1. Caroline Ravenall for 70 x 7 process (revised for this website)
2. Image: Patou / FreeDigitalPhotos.net